1. Singapore, 30 July 2013 – The 2nd INTO MYANMAR: Telecom and IT Global Summit 2013 is set to take place at Yangon, Myanmar from 3-4 October 2013.
2. Two new telecom licenses have just been awarded in Myanmar. The new Telecom Law is now being treated in its final stage in Parliament and is expected to be passed soon. Foreign investments in both the telecom and ICT sectors are welcome, and more new market openings are expected.
3. Beyond the two new telco licenses awarded, more new licenses for foreign joint ventures or foreign entities are in the pipeline. Amongst the wide array of services permitted, the two new operators will be allowed to offer mobile connections, fixed line services, IT and Internet offerings. The need for upgrading internet/ICT infrastructure is urgent, and the demand for cloud computing for enterprises in all industries and in government is also urgent and huge. What are the new opportunities in the Myanmar new telecom ecosystem? What are the urgent infrastructural requirements needed to be fulfilled? What are the IT and telecom bottlenecks needed to be cleared for the fast rollout of Myanmar’s stock exchange this year?
4. At this global Summit, Myanmar’s decision makers, corporate leaders of Myanmar’s telco, ICT, internet sectors are expected to congregate with senior management and decision makers from international telecom companies, service providers and equipment companies, broadcasting companies, satellite companies from Asia, Europe, North America , Australia and the Middle East.
5. The Summit aims to provide a high-level strategic platform for foreign telecom operators, investors, equipment providers and technology leaders to meet with key decision-makers in Myanmar’s public and private sectors, in addition, in providing the latest updates on key changes in Myanmar’s potentially promising telecom and ICT sectors.
6. A whole wide range of topics and issues that are related to telecom licenses, foreign investment in Myanmar’s telecom and ICT sector, new market openings, new licenses for foreign joint ventures and foreign entities, upgrading internet/ICT infrastructure, cloud computing, ISP licenses and other related infrastructural requirements will also be the highlight of this Summit.
7. VIPs invited to the Summit include senior officials and telecom/ICT experts from: Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Myanma Post and Telecommunication, Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development, President’s Office, Yatanarpon Teleport, Myanmar ICT Development Corporation/ Yangon ICT Park, ITU, International Finance Corporation, The World Bank Group and new foreign telco and other key ICT players in Myanmar.
8. The Summit will be held at Inya Lake Hotel.
Magenta Global, Singapore
Ms Merilynn Choo
Tel: +65 6391 2549
About Magenta Global, Singapore – Organizer
Magenta Global is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Central & South America, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors. Website: www.magenta-global.com.sg