Nokia is extending its device management leadership into IoT with the launch of the Intelligent Management Platform for All Connected Things (IMPACT), which gives operators, enterprises and governments a secure platform on which to scale new IoT services.
IMPACT handles data collection, event processing, device management, data contextualization, data analytics, end-to-end security and applications enablement for any device, any protocol and across any application.
The new platform, which reflects Nokia’s increasing focus on the fast-growing IoT market, includes Nokia’s Motive Connected Device Platform, the industry’s leading converged device management platform. It provides lifecycle management for more than 80,000 models of broadband, home and IoT devices. The latest edition, released today, integrates all Nokia mobile and IoT device management software.
Nokia IMPACT comes with comprehensive capabilities for all things connected:
- Scalability: Being cloud-based, customers can add on-demand server capacity to support massive numbers of connected devices. Scaling capacity is also enhanced by the platform’s internal architecture, built from the ground up for extreme scale, security and reliability.
- Total security: IoT security is under-addressed by the market. As IoT data increases, the more security matters. IMPACT has factored in the increasing security requirements including network, cloud and end-point security. It also implements the latest Lightweight M2M (LWM2M) security model for IoT device management and is backed by Nokia’s extensive security portfolio. This is important as you can’t trust data from an unmanaged source.
- More devices: Along with supporting 80,000 device models from 100 of the world’s top manufacturers, Motive CDP can detect new device formats that come on the market. It is flexible enough to support multiple deployment and business models including private, public cloud, private cloud, SaaS and transactional. This provides a lower entry cost and ability to scale both up and down. Furthermore, MotiveSmart(TM) certifies how the device and service are used together on an operator’s mobile network.
- Better devices and network management: Nokia’s services expertise encompasses both devices and networks, allowing issues to be pinpointed back to either the device or the network for comprehensive root cause analysis.
Bhaskar Gorti, president of the Applications & Analytics Business Group at Nokia, said: “Our new IMPACT platform with Motive CDP is particularly strong in device management, security and analytics. These matter because as we work to collect and derive meaning from IoT data, it becomes more valuable to everyone involved – and more crucial to protect.”
IMPACT adds to Nokia’s rapidly expanding IoT portfolio that now contains the four major building blocks of every IoT solution:
- Applications: Vertical solutions for connected cars, healthcare, first responder, smart cities, smart homes, and utility deployments
- Platforms: IMPACT IoT platform with Motive Connected Device Platform
- Infrastructure: Extensive network infrastructure portfolio including leading capabilities in narrow-band and low-power IoT radio solutions
- Devices and Sensors: Connected devices like the recently acquired Withings and the home gateway announced.
In February, Nokia announced its IoT Community to help customers develop, test, and implement new IoT business models and launched a USD 350 million IoT investment fund.
- IMPACT Solution sheet https://resources.nokia.com/asset/200332
- IMPACT_Infographic: https://resources.nokia.com/asset/200331
- CDP White_Paper: https://pages.nokia.com/1699CDP-Launch.html
- CDP Data_Sheet: https://resources.nokia.com/asset/196246
- CDP Solution_Sheet: https://resources.nokia.com/asset/196247
- CDP Infographic: https://resources.nokia.com/asset/196248
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, the company is at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://www.nokia.com
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900