SMi Group reports: (2015/05/07, Maceio, Brazil) Latin America’s Leading Military Satellite Communications conference will be taking place in Maceio, Brail on the 22nd-23rd of September 2015. This meeting will feature key-note addresses from top-ranking Brazilian officers on both strategic and tactical plans for milsatcom.
Latin America has been a prominent region in advancing its SatCom capability with countries such as Brazil, Chile and Mexico all either launching or planning to launch domestic satellite programs. MilSatCom Latin America 2015, now in its second successful year, is the only regional meeting place for military satellite communications specialists and all those responsible for optimising security and surveillance of national and air space and key domestic assets.
MilSatCom Latin America 2015will feature a high level of military and government briefings from those directly responsible for advancing these satellite capabilities. After the 2014 event, where there were over 100 attendees, this Septembers’ meeting is set to continue to attract the region’s main SatCom protagonists. Registration is now live. More information about the event is available at http://www.milsatcom-latinamerica.com/teleinfotoday
2015 Host Nation Keynote Speakers and Regional Expert Speakers Include:
• Colonel Hélcio Vieira Junior, Commander Spatial Operations Centre, Núcleo do Centro de OperaçõesEspaciais Principal (NUCOPE-P), Brazilian Air Force
• Colonel MarcioTeixeira de Campos, Chief C2 Operations Section, Armed Forces Joint Staff, Brazilian Ministry of Defense
• Lieutenant Colonel AbdeBellahnid, Acting Director General Space & Joint C4ISR, Department of National Defence, Canada
• Lieutenant Colonel Carlos A. Villaseñor Navarro, Department of Communications, SEDENA, Mexico
• Harold Haney, Chief, Satellite & Missile Defense C4 Division, Department of Defence, USA
• Vice Admiral (retired) Carlos AfonsoPierantoniGamboa, 1st Vice President, Defence and Security Industry Association of Brazil, ABIMDE
• Walter Bartels, President, Aerospace Industries Association of Brazil, AIAB (Member of The Superior Council of the Brazilian Space Agency)
• Hugo Montoya Diaz, Director Of Innovation And Competitiveness, Mexican Space Agency
• CristovamNascimento, Brazil Correspondent, Global VSAT Forum
• “D” D’Ambrosio, EVP, Government Solutions, O3b Networks and many more.
2-day event programme available at http://www.milsatcom-latinamerica.com/teleinfotoday
Key Benefits of Attending MilSatCom Latin America:
• Keynote Briefings from senior officers from Brazil and surrounding Latin American nations
• A unique focus on enhanced military capability through the development and implementation of SATCOM programs
• Briefings on: payload optimisation, cyber security deterrents, overcoming satellite interference, real time data delivery to military operations, power enhancement and capacity increases and bandwidth maximisation
• High level panel discussions featuring technical managers and project engineers from military as well as industry
• Focused discussion groups tackling key challenges facing SATCOM program managers in the region
• SATCOM equipment exhibition showcasing the latest technology
For those who are interested in attending this event, there is currently an early bird discount of $300 before the 29th May 2015
SMi’s MilSatCom Latin America conference includes a post-conference masterclass entitled: How to do Business with the Brazilian Armed Forces, Hosted by the Defence and Security Industry Association of Brazil
For more information or to register visit the website, alternatively contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or email email@example.com
MilSatCom Latin America is proudly sponsored by O3b Networks.
————————- END ————————–
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the worlds most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk