Telematics Update: In just a few weeks Content and Apps for Automotive Europe Conference and Exhibition (18-19th June, Munich, Germany) will bring together automakers, app developers, content aggregators, wireless carriers, telematics service providers and device manufacturers to share knowledge on how to produce commercially viable in-vehicle content.
Despite its immaturity the automotive infotainment marketplace is already crowded and it can be difficult to gain attention for the right products and services. The Content & Apps for Automotive Conference is the ideal opportunity to establish a business plan to enter the market and solidify partnerships within this eco-system. A sample attendee list has just been released on the website (http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/confirmed-attendees.php). Today, Fraunhofer IDMT, Renault, BMW, Volvo, TomTom, Facebook and Spotify have confirmed their attendance. There will be 250 plus other automakers, content aggregators, wireless carriers, telematics service providers and device manufacturers amongst the delegation to share their knowledge and raise their business’ profile in this lucrative market. The Content and Apps for Automotive Europe Conference and Exhibition will lay out a clear strategy on how to produce commercially viable in-vehicle content.
Project Director at Telematics Update Emily Savage has commented on the interesting mix of conference attendees: “Demand for automotive content and in-car applications has never been so high. OEM’s are actively searching for content partners to enhance the driver’s in-car experience. This is the only conference that will truly unify the traditional automotive telematics market with the growing app development and community”.
A sample list of the senior telematics executives already signed up to attend Content and Apps for Automotive 2013 is available on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/confirmed-attendees.php
ALK Technologies can also attest to the valuable networking opportunity this conference presents: “For us as an app development company being engaged with automotive companies it was an excellent opportunity to meet with key people of the industry and hear from different companies about trends and challenges.”
Key Topic to Be Discussed
The following topics will be covered during the independently researched conference sessions:
• New Strategies to Work with the Developer Community: Discuss how to realign OEM and third party relationships through open developer programmes and API releases to produce valuable automotive content and apps
• Making the Most of the App Opportunity: Make those anticipated app revenues a reality over the coming years to justify the inclusion of embedded in-car connectivity modules and interoperable smartphone platforms
• Social Networks on the Move: Redesign the automotive and social content culture to enhance the driving experience by integrating social networking elements within an in-car infotainment product strategy
• Hybrid Solutions for Seamless Content Integration: Create interoperability across multiple smartphone platforms (IOS, Android, Windows) and utilise the embedded cloud features for consistent in-vehicle content experience
• Harness the Use of Multiple Devices for Vehicle Infotainment: As automakers continue their strategy to bring apps into the car, explore ways to bring the automotive development cycles in line with consumer electronics via tablets and smartphones for interoperable solutions
Experts already lined-up to speak at the 2013 event:
• Emmanuel Bonbon, Connectivity and Multimedia General Manager, Renault
• Reinhard Jurk, Project Manager – Connected Drive, BMW
• Bruce Hazan, Senior Solution Engineer, Facebook
• JoergLuetzner, Director – Online Services, Continental Automotive
• Andrei Iordache, Product Management Specialist, Kia Motors
• CandidoPeterlini, Director – Infotainment Product Concept , Fiat Automotive
• Pascal de Mul, Global head of hardware partnerships, Spotify
• Lars, Möreke, Mobile Services, Volkswagen Financial Services
• Tuhin Ray, Director of Engineering Europe (Infotainment and Drive Interface BU), Delphi
• Martin Kristensson, Head of Content Acquisition, Volvo
• Philipp Hoschka, Deputy Director, World Wide Web Consortium
• Ulrich Kersken, Chief Architect, Robert Bosch
• Steffen Holly, Head of Business Unit Media Management & Delivery, Fraunhofer IDMT
For the complete Content and Apps for Automotive Europe conference programme and speaker line-up, access the brochure at http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/conference-event-brochure.php?utm_source=Elektroniknet&utm_medium=Press%2Brelease&utm_campaign=2342 or contact the Telematics Update team on email@example.com
+44 0207 375 7532
Telematics Update: The Unparalleled Intelligence and Networking Platform that Unites the Telematics Industry
Telematics Update offers unique and incisive news and analysis for the automotive telematics space. Our business know-how includes areas such as Insurance Telematics, Safety, Infotainment, In-Car Content, Navigation, LBS, Fleet Management and Telematics for EVs. Our newsletter, reports and global B2B conferences unite thought-leaders from across the automotive, consumer electronics, mobile, wireless, digital and web industries to drive innovation, build relationships and bring vehicle connectivity to the masses.