1. Singapore, September 30, 2013 – The 2nd INTO MYANMAR: Telecom and IT Global Summit 2013 will be taking place this week at Yangon, Myanmar from 3-4 October 2013.
2. Two new telecom licenses were recently awarded in Myanmar. The new Telecom Law has just been passed. Foreign investments in both the telecom and ICT sectors are welcome, and more new market openings are expected.
3. Beyond the two new telco licenses awarded, more new licenses for foreign joint ventures or foreign entities are in the pipeline. Amongst the wide array of services permitted, the two new operators will be allowed to offer mobile connections, fixed line services, IT and Internet offerings. The need for upgrading internet/ICT infrastructure is urgent, and the demand for cloud computing for enterprises in all industries and in government is also urgent and huge.
4. The Summit addresses the new opportunities in the Myanmar new telecom ecosystem, the urgent infrastructural requirements needed to be fulfilled & the IT and telecom bottlenecks needed to be cleared for the fast rollout of Myanmar’s stock exchange this year.
5. This international Summit will see delegates from Myanmar, USA, UAE, Bangladesh, India, Europe, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Australia and Singapore congregate to meet with key decision-makers in Myanmar’s public and private sectors.
6. Speakers at the Summit include senior management from: Government of the Union of Myanmar, including the new Myanmar Parliamentary Commission on Communications Issues, Solidiance, The World Bank, ITU, MPT, MEC, Giesecke & Devrient Asia, Yatanarpon, Myanmar Parliamentary Commission for Assessment of Legal and Special Issues, Global Innovation Finance, Myanmar Securities Exchange Centre, eTrade Myanmar, Myanmar Agricultural Development Bank, Ooredoo, SkyNet MPS, KBZ Bank, Ministry of Health, Mandalay Technology, Myanmar Telecom & Technology Services, Myanmar Technology Gateway, Myanmar Nets, Myanmar Information Technology, Access Spectrum, The Combiz Group, Asia Megalink, Yezin Agricultural University, Mahindra Comviva, ZTE, APNIC, iBiz Myanmar, Ayeyarwady Bank and Vodafone.
7. ZTE Corporation, a globally-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions is the Summit’s Platinum Sponsor.
8. Giesecke & Devrient, a leading international technology provider headquartered in Munich, Germany is the Summit’s Associate Sponsor.
9. Exhibitors at the Summit include: APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre), a Regional Internet Registry for the Asia Pacific; Birla Ericsson Optical Limited, a collaborationwith Ericsson Network Technologies AB of Sweden with the vision to produce high quality Fiber Cables and Omni-Comm, a leading distributor for telecommunications equipment in Singapore and the region.
10. “This Summit is an important platform for the industry to exchange ideas on the rollout of telecom and IT services so critically needed in an emerging Myanmar, to evaluate the technology options & solutions and assess opportunities & partnerships.” Said Summit Organiser, CEO of Magenta Global, Ms Maggie Tan.
11. The Summit will be held at Inya Lake Hotel.
Ms Merilynn Choo
Tel: +65 6391 2549
About Magenta Global, Singapore – Organizer
Magenta Global is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Central & South America, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors.
About ZTE – Platinum Sponsor
ZTE Corporation is a globally-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions. With operations in 160 countries, the company is a leader in technology innovation, delivering superior products and business solutions to clients all over the world. Founded in 1985, ZTE is listed on both the Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges and is China’s largest listed telecoms equipment company.
About Giesecke & Devrient – Associate Sponsor
Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) is a leading international technology provider headquartered in Munich, Germany. Founded in 1852, the Group has a workforce of over 11,200 employees and generated sales of approximately EUR 1.8 billion in the 2012 fiscal year. 58 subsidiaries and joint ventures in 32 countries ensure customer proximity worldwide.
About APNIC – Exhibitor
APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre) is the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) for the Asia Pacific. It is responsible for distributing Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – IPv4 and IPv6 – and Autonomous System (AS) Numbers and registry services including “whois”, resource certification, and reverse DNS.
About Birla Ericsson Optical Limited – Exhibitor
Birla Ericsson Optical Limited (BEOL), India began as a venture 3 decade ago that combined the ethos & trust that the Birla name represents in collaboration with Ericsson Network Technologies AB of Sweden with the vision to produce high quality Fiber Cables by combining Cutting Edge Technology, Local Infrastructure & Expertise.
About Omni-Comm – Exhibitor
Established since 1988, Omni-Comm has become a leading distributor for telecommunications equipment in Singapore and the region.